Brandon Transfer Station
61 Corona ST
Brandon, VT 05733
Days/Hours of Operation as of Nov. 2017:
Tuesday from 10-3, Thursday from 11-4, Saturday from 8-2
THANKSGIVING: Closed on Thursday, November 23rd to celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday. They will be open to the public on Saturday with usual hours.
1. We are no longer accepting oil at this location.
Alternate location: Rutland County Solid Waste District on Gleason Road in Rutland accepts oil from district residents for free…Mon-Sat, 7am to 3pm
2. As of Saturday, November 28, 2015, electronics will NO LONGER be taken at this location. Alternative location: Rutland County Solid Waste District, Gleason Rd., Rutland, VT]
3. 2017 RCSWD Hazardous Waste Days at Brandon Transfer Station from 8am to 11am: May 13, July 8 and October 28.
What We Accept
- Free of Charge. Items accepted include glass, aluminum, tin, plastic 1&2, plastic 3-7, newspaper, magazines, cardboard, boxboard.
- Under 16” $3.00
- 16” – 36” $6.00
- 36” – 52” $15.00
- Over 52” $45.00
Bagged household trash
- 0 – 16 lbs 2.50 flat minimum charge
- Over 16 lbs add $.15/lb
- Porcelain, plastics, rugs $.13/lb
- Appliances With Freon $15 each: Refrigerators, Freezers, Air Conditioners, Dehumidifiers
- Furniture: Mattresses, box springs $20.00 each piece, $5.00 crib size, Couches: $20.00, Love seat $15, Recliners: $15.00
Biodegradable material such as grass, leaves, and untreated/unpainted wood are taken free of charge.
Scrap metal is free of charge.
FOOD WASTE: 15 cents per pound.
YES! These go in the bin:
• Fruits and vegetables
• Eggs, eggshells, milk, cheese, butter, dairy
• Meat, bones, shells, fish
• Dressing, condiments, sauces, soups
• Bread, pasta, pastries
• Nuts (including shells), spices, oils
• Coffee grounds/filters, tea bags
Paper products • Packaging & containers
Florist flowers • PLU stickers • Rubber bands & twist ties • Plastic bags
Construction Materials &Tanks
- Grindable Materials: $55.00 per yard (Sheetrock, shingles, wood, plaster, tile)
- Sorted Asphalt: $45.00 per yard
- Helium Tanks: $2.00 ea.
- Propane tanks: $10.00 per 20 lb tank
- $1.00 smaller tanks; (LP gas tanks and cylinders only; 20 lb size limit.)
- Fluorescent bulbs $.25 per ft.
- Batteries: car/truck $5.00; Motorcycle $3.00, Small (power tool) $1.00, Rechargeable $.25 each
All prices subject to change