Brandon Transfer Station
61 Corona Street
Brandon, VT 05733
Days/Hours of Operation:
Tuesday from 10am to 3pm, Thursday from Noon to 6pm, Saturday from 8am to 1pm
2019 RCSWD Hazardous Waste Days at Brandon Transfer Station will be 8am to 11am on the following Saturdays:
Dear Valued Customer:
We regret to have to inform you that as of 4/1/19, mixed recyclables will be charged at the same rate as trash.
13 gallon bag of recyclables will be $2.50 to dispose of; $4.50 for 30 gallon bags and up.
Many factors have contributed to this difficult decision:
- Increased cost to dispose of customer recyclables at a higher rate than trash;
- Decreased recycling market, with some products not having a market at all.
There will still be FREE Sort Segregated Recycling items to include:
-Tin Cans -Aluminum Cans
-Scrap Metal -Appliances (items without Freon)
We encourage customers to continue to sort and separate these items from mixed recyclables.
If you have your recycling in a bin/tote, please sort the items we still have markets for as identified at your station.
If you have bagged recyclables, please sort as signage requests and empty out the contents. Keep your bag for re-use.
Attendants are here to assist and help, as we transition to new processes.
Please know that we value your business, and will continue to provide quality customer
service to the Brandon Community.
…Earth Waste & Metal
What We Accept
- Sort Segregated Recycling Items Free of Charge. Items accepted include cardboard, aluminum and tin cans, appliances without Freon, scrap metal empty of fluids with small items in a closed container.
- Under 16” $6.00
- 16” – 36” $9.00
- 36” – 52” $20.00
- Over 52” $50.00
Bagged household trash
- 0 – 16 lbs 2.50 flat minimum charge
- Over 16 lbs add $.15/lb
- Unbagged/loose items, $.15/lb
- Porcelain, plastics, rugs $.15/lb
- Appliances With Freon $20 each: Refrigerators, Freezers, Air Conditioners, Dehumidifiers
- Furniture: Mattresses, box springs $20.00 each piece, $5.00 crib size, Couches: $20.00, Love seat $15, Recliners: $15.00
FOOD WASTE: $.15/lb.
YES! These go in the bin:
• Fruits and vegetables
• Eggs, eggshells, milk, cheese, butter, dairy
• Meat, bones, shells, fish
• Dressing, condiments, sauces, soups
• Bread, pasta, pastries
• Nuts (including shells), spices, oils
• Coffee grounds/filters, tea bags
Paper products • Packaging & containers • Plastic bags
Florist flowers • PLU stickers • Rubber bands & twist ties
Construction Materials &Tanks
Grindable Materials, Sorted Asphalt, Treated Wood: $75.00 per yard (Grindable=Sheetrock, shingles, wood, plaster, tile)
- Helium Tanks: $2.00 ea.
- Propane tanks: $10.00 per 20 lb tank; $1.00 smaller tanks; (LP gas tanks and cylinders only; 20 lb size limit. Remove valves from all tanks.)
- Batteries each: car/truck $5.00; Motorcycle $3.00, Small/power tool$1.00, Rechargeable $.25All prices subject to changeFREE ITEMS:
-Compost (yard waste, leaves, or grass)
-Untreated/unpainted wood (size limit applies)
-Scrap metal (empty of fluids; nails/small items in closed container)
-Appliances (items that have never contained freon)
-Recycling of separated tin cans, aluminum cans, cardboard
NOT ACCEPTED:* -OIL -FLORESCENT BULBS -PAINT -E-WASTE (electronics to include computers and related devices) -ANIMAL CARCASSES -ALL OTHER HAZARDOUS WASTE
*Alternate location for items not accepted: Rutland County Solid Waste District on Gleason Road in Rutland accepts oil from district residents for free…Mon-Sat, 7am to 3pm
PLEASE NOTE COMING SOON:
ANNUAL PASS STICKER $24 per year per household for time period from June 30, 2019 to July 1, 2020