In order to comply with existing federal, state, local safety, environmental laws, regulations on the United States and Canada, the following items will not be accepted by Earth Waste & Metal.
A generating party will be held responsible for any prohibited items placed in Earth Waste & Metal containers or delivered to any of our scrap metal locations. These items are prohibited and should not be placed in our scrap metal containers.
- Batteries or pieces of batteries (including battery terminal connectors)
- Gas tanks, propane bottles, air bag canisters, or gas cylinders
- Any cans or other containers containing oil, brake fluid, anti-freeze, lead additives or other fluids
- Garbage, rags, paper and other debris
- Fluorescent light ballasts, capacitors, wet or dry transformers, or any other materials which may contain PCB’s
- Refrigerants, including but not limited to Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs). (Refrigerants must be properly recovered, not vented.)
- Any radioactive material or radioactive containment material
- Any used and/or unpurged drums/tanks